不安静,但也不吵闹的夜晚
Yesterday was Halloween. I don't think Singaporeans really celebrate it. But as globalisation heats up in the nation, I must say it has started to slowly becoming something really of importance. What about thanksgiving? Halloween comes and followed by thanksgiving and lastly its Christmas. But why are we so engross in Christmas even before thanksgiving?
Yesterday after dinner at MOF we went over to the Harry's bar at esplanade hoping to grab a drink but it turned out to be no table for us. But during that moment the live band was singing 'Look What You've Done' by Jet. I was so called addicted to this song back then when I happened to catch it from where I've no real idea. Although I listen most to Chinese pop, this songs still brings back some sort of unknown feelings and I must say it was a great song.
After that we decided to walk over to the quays side hoping to find a bar?!?!? But in real aspect, I don't enjoy noisy and crowded places. And it so happens they are quite packed. On the way strolling down those quays its sure damn amazing. I could feel that little Halloween cheer floating around in all sorts of scary costumes. But mostly are not those typical Singaporeans. Anyway it does makes it felt like Halloween real Halloween...
Eventually we settled down with getting some drinks from a convenience store located at the central and sat by the river seeing things passing by and chatting about some stuff. Not totally rubbish, but I guess those are not very important as well. We chatted and I saw things goes by till about 2 and hop off on to a cab that drove me near home so I could walk back. Thanks for the ride I must really say.
On my walk home I saw 3 persons sleeping at the void deck, a few guys by the table at the void deck. Everything seems really quiet at such a time. It has been really quite sometime I came home this late. Its really interesting to see what's happening around us at such a time. But to explore this interesting-ness, one needs the courage. After all its so much different from day time.
Sometimes I just do enjoy such moments. Nothing much, nothing too complicated. Not too noisy. Just simple moments with a few simple drinks that won't get you drunk like idiots. Just sit down by the river, looking at the other side partying their night away, and we here talking about anything everything emotional crappy funny. Basically anything. I'm not a havoc guy. I don't like too crowded places and too noisy areas. This just seems to be a little great. I just take some photos, talk some stuff, sat down listen to them, see the other side enjoying themselves away in this Halloween night.
It's indeed not a very quite night with the partying going on the other side. It's Halloween after all. Now its already 1st Nov, Halloween is over, but I believe the partying is still happening on that side of the city.
Month Taken: November 2008
Time Taken: Midnight
Photo Size Above: Normal(375x500)
Comments
Post a Comment