Supertrees

Eighteen is the number. There are a total of 18 supertrees in Gardens by the Bay South.

Personally I don't find them of any interest. They are just structures erected for the garden. I've no idea why whenever I see photographs of it, I awed. But the reaction is of total opposite when I see these trees in real life. They just don't excite me.

I've come to realised a reason for having such trees in the garden. These supertress creates some height in the garden, amidst the taller surroundings. Without these trees, there would be a huge visual difference between the nearby skyscrapers and the garden itself. The supertrees are partly meant to minimise that difference. Of cause, there are many other purpose for such structures, which I'm not going to write about. Just search online for them, if you would like to find out more.


Image ©YS.


Image ©YS.


Image ©YS.


Image ©YS.


View it bigger: Click on images
Month taken: September 2013
Time taken: Afternoon
Photo size above: 640 pixels - Longer side

Comments