It's still functioning
There seems to be dust particle inside the lens component, the built-in flash seems to have stopped functioning, there is no raw option, it uses AA batteries, and some functions are limited compared to newer models.
Although all of the above could be considered as flaws either due to ageing or simply that's how it was designed to be, I still find it simply great in its own ways. Whenever I lay my hands on it, I would start lamenting about why the creators don’t place some of the specifications that provided flexibility from this outdated model into their newer models. With some of these specifications from this outdated model added into the newer models; and further adding to the technology newer models offers, it would be a step nearer than ever to being one perfect equipment.
What am I talking about all these while? It's about the camera I was using since sometime in 2008 until I placed it aside and started using another model which quite often shows signs of problems.
One realisation I had recently after I grab hold of this outdated camera again - I can actually hold it up and operate it with just one hand. That's how great this camera was, and still is.
The pictures produced by this camera isn't really crystal sharp, neither is it really that perfect according to today's standards. Perhaps even a smartphone camera is able to do better. But what exactly are today’s perfect standards?
Here are the photographs I took recently which I find them worthy for an entry; despite the fact various factors of the pictures could be better if certain functions were available and used.
Rewinding back a little once in a while is not so much of a bad idea after all. It helps one to see, feel and appreciate the simplicity of things before it became slightly complicated.



View it bigger: Click on images
Month taken: June 2014
Time taken: Late afternoon and night
Photo size above: 640 pixels - Longer side
Although all of the above could be considered as flaws either due to ageing or simply that's how it was designed to be, I still find it simply great in its own ways. Whenever I lay my hands on it, I would start lamenting about why the creators don’t place some of the specifications that provided flexibility from this outdated model into their newer models. With some of these specifications from this outdated model added into the newer models; and further adding to the technology newer models offers, it would be a step nearer than ever to being one perfect equipment.
What am I talking about all these while? It's about the camera I was using since sometime in 2008 until I placed it aside and started using another model which quite often shows signs of problems.
One realisation I had recently after I grab hold of this outdated camera again - I can actually hold it up and operate it with just one hand. That's how great this camera was, and still is.
The pictures produced by this camera isn't really crystal sharp, neither is it really that perfect according to today's standards. Perhaps even a smartphone camera is able to do better. But what exactly are today’s perfect standards?
Here are the photographs I took recently which I find them worthy for an entry; despite the fact various factors of the pictures could be better if certain functions were available and used.
Rewinding back a little once in a while is not so much of a bad idea after all. It helps one to see, feel and appreciate the simplicity of things before it became slightly complicated.

Shadows

Almost silhouette

Need to say more?
View it bigger: Click on images
Month taken: June 2014
Time taken: Late afternoon and night
Photo size above: 640 pixels - Longer side
Comments
Post a Comment