The 199th entry

Image ©YS.
It ended with this shot, which I must say, it is the best for that evening. This would simply means how horrible the rest are...but they are still worth an entry, the 199th entry.

Image ©YS.
As it comes to an end, all you see is simply smoke. Maybe I exaggerated it a bit, but no one can deny, it was smoky.

Image ©YS.
Before only smoke was left, sparks was still filling the evening sky around that bay.

Image ©YS.
Just take note of that little smoky spot located at bottom center on the river. It gets smokier as the display progresses...why I wonder.

Image ©YS.
That blue one seems to be the best, and also the ones I liked most.

Image ©YS.
One more blue.

Image ©YS.
As I watched and clicked, something came across my mind, stayed awhile, and make me ponder over.

Image ©YS.
Today where the IR stands, used to be the part of the grounds for most fireworks display.

Image ©YS.
With that amount of space for fireworks display before the IR started its construction, it seems that the possibilities are almost unlimited.

Image ©YS.
But as the Marina Bay area builds up, it becomes more dense, naturally resulting it to be less spacious, including space for fireworks display.

Image ©YS.
With less space, I guess even the height and types of fireworks also became restricted.

Image ©YS.
With that, the scale of display naturally becomes smaller, the height of display might also resulted to be lower. As if not, it might cause dangers or damages to surrounding buildings, people, area and etc. Maybe that is why for this year, they try to fire off from buildings. But again, the type of fireworks allowed to be fired off buildings are also limited.

Image ©YS.
Ultimately my conclusion is, it is great to see the vision of URA for Marina Bay coming true, but it is also kind of sad to see such fast pace progress. The Marina Bay I once used to know, is only in memories. No doubt, there are sure pros and cons of the new Downtown.

Whatever it is, the price has been paid, with a balancing act done and with far sighted planning, this is what we have today. But some sad feelings still fills me whenever I see the progress of Marina Bay.

To end it off, the photos are from the NE show 3. The photos posted in this entry are in reversed order, but not the words.


Month Taken: July 2010
Time Taken: Evening, Night
Photo Size Above: Normal (600 pixels - Longer side)

Comments